MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: JUNE 2021
It’s another Member of the Month - but this time, it’s the College Edition! Meet Maddy Blaydes. Don’t know her? This is your perfect chance to learn a little bit more about Maddy - so keep reading...
1. How long have you been doing CrossFit? I have been doing CrossFit since I was 14 years old, so for 7 years now! The people here have truly watched me grow up. I could not even drive when I first started coming to CrossFit WV.
2. What made you start coming to CrossFit WV? I started coming to CrossFit WV to stay in shape for high school sports. I would typically come in the spring when basketball season ended and continue through the summer until soccer season began. I quickly began to realize that my fitness was at its best in my off-season doing CrossFit. My senior year of high school - when I was trying to pick a college - one of my requirements was that there had to be a CrossFit gym nearby.
3. As a college student, you usually come back to the gym on your breaks from school. Tell us why. Anytime I am on break from school, whether it be a weekend or a few months, I always come back to the gym. After many years of doing CrossFit, it has become a part of my daily routine, so it is just a given that when I am home I will go to the gym. It is always so fun to come back and see everyone in class. The 8:15 a.m. class always gives me a warm welcome home!
4. What is your favorite movement and why? My favorite movement is probably the squat snatch because it happens so quickly yet it’s the most technical movement.
5. Tell us about your schooling (where you study, what is your major, what year you are...). I just graduated in May from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. I graduated with a degree in English Literature and am currently looking for a job.
6. If you aren’t working out at CrossFit, what else would you typically be doing? Cooking, walking, doing yoga, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.
7. CrossFit is different for each person. For someone your age, what do you like about it the most? I love that CrossFit can be for everyone. There is always an option to modify or progress. I started coming to CrossFit WV pretty young, and as I have grown up I have been able to get stronger and fitter because of it.
8. Tell us something people might not know about you. I ran a half marathon my sophomore year of college.
9. Do you have any CrossFit goals this year? To get better at pull ups and toes to bar!
10. What else would you like to share? Thank you CrossFit WV for always being a piece of home!
Leave a Reply.