The Member Spotlight for May 2021 is John and Lori Young - representing the morning classes at CFWV! Don’t know them? Well here’s your chance to get to know them. We asked some questions and they answered...and here’s what they had to say:
1. How long have you been doing CrossFit?
2. How did you get started in CrossFit? What do you love about it?
3. What class times do you usually workout? Lori works out at 8:15 a.m. and John works out at 5:30 a.m.
4. What is your favorite movement in CrossFit - and why?
5. Tell us something people might not know about you - either as a couple or individually? This August will make 40 years of marriage for us!
6. Besides CrossFit, what other activities do you enjoy doing together? Walking, going to church, going out for dinner, getting together with friends and family, hanging out on the back porch and working in the yard. We both have backpack leaf blowers! ☺️
7. What benefits do you get out of working out together, or doing the same workouts? The first question Lori asks when I walk in the door is how did I do with the WOD today? Even better, every day for about 10 years after her class, the minute she gets to her car she calls me and says, “Oh my gosh, that was so tough” and then she walks through the entire workout.
8. What do you do for a living?
9. What would you say to someone (or another couple) interested in trying out CrossFit?