Our member spotlight for December 2020 is the Hudnall family! Eric, Sherri, Sarah and Stephanie come and workout together at CrossFit WV, so here’s your chance to get to know them a little more.
1. How long have you been doing CrossFit? We’ve been doing CrossFit since February 2019.
2. What is your favorite movement in CrossFit (and why)?
3. Why - as a family - did you decide to start doing CrossFit? We needed to start doing something to improve our health. Throwing tires around and twirling barbells seemed like a good idea. Since starting, Eric has lost 70lbs!
4. What benefits do you get out of working out together? It gives us a chance to spend more time together as a family after a busy day apart.
5. What class time do you usually workout? Usually the 4:30 p.m. class but we are flexible.
6. Out of the four of you, who is most excited to workout each day and who needs a little bit of motivation? Eric actually really looks forward to the workouts. He most looks forward to Caroline’s uplifting instruction. Sarah needs the most motivation.
7. Besides CrossFit, what other activities do you enjoy doing as a family? We are all very active in the Charleston Light Opera Guild. In fact, all four of us were in The Little Mermaid a few years ago. During this season of pandemic, we have been taking up hiking as a fun family activity. Since September, we have hiked the Fisherman’s Trail at Carnifex Ferry, the Hawks Nest Rail-Trail and the Endless Wall.
8. Tell us something unique about each of you that we don’t already know. Eric and Sherri sing in a gospel group. Sarah and Stephanie both play piano and are students at West Virginia State University. While at Capital High School, both Sarah and Stephanie were members of the dance company and Stephanie was a three-year starter on the basketball team, selected as Captain her senior year.